Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Meet the Princess

In a castle you have to have a princess, right? Some days Hannah likes to be Cinderella or Belle, or maybe even Sleeping Beauty. She loves to dress up and be a girlie girl through and through. I am soooo glad she has not yet expected me to dress up like a Princess ..Uh...well...Oh. I guess it is already too late for that. It was not one of my proudest moments but Daddies do things for their kids that are a sacrifice and things they usually don't admit to others. Wearing tiaras, and having tea parties, or dancing like a goof are some examples. I am secure enough in my manhood that I have no problem doing silly girlie stuff for my daughter. She is so worth that to me. Some day she might not want to play games with her dad. I have to remember that when I am tired or in a bad mood. Listening to her giggle at me makes my heart sing. There is something miraculous when a three year old looks right at you, unprovoked and says " I love you Daddy". It is the best feeling in the world. It makes the sacrifices worth while. Romans 15:2 reminds me that we should please others even if it does not please us. Romans 14:8 reads while we live, we live to please the Lord. That is all that matters. I have to go, Hannah wants to show me her newly polished nails. :)


2 comments:

Shelley said...

WOOOOO HOOOOO Pete!!!!! Welcome to blogdom!!
Looking forward to hearing all about Life in the Castle :-)
Blessings~
Shelley
www.wildnoodles.blogspot.com

Cristie said...

Hi Pete!
You don't know me but your precious wife and I have e-mailed for some time. I followed your journey to your princess and cried the day she was placed in your arms. Months later, Kim followed our journey to our beautiful Maliah! What fun to share so much joy together and yet ... we've never met! Can I tell you that I adore your precious wife and she brings me much laughter when I read her clever, witty and wonderful journals! SO, I was thrilled to see that Daddy Pete has joined blog world and I can see the princess grow through Daddy's eyes too! You ROCK!
Cristie Martine
www.journeytomaliah.com