Monday, September 15, 2008

My Birthday!!


9-10 was my Birthday and I turned 37. It was a great day just spending time with my family and just being together. We had fun all day and enjoyed a dinner of all you can eat shrimp, YUMMY and cake at Red Lobster. Having Birthday celebrations are not really what it is all about for me anymore. Just having Birthdays is good and sharing them with the people that mean the most, is what really matters. I am so thankful for our time as a family. Especially since 9-11 is the day after my Birthday. It really makes us aware that it is so important to tell each other that we love one another. How many people on 9-11 or any other given day for that matter do not get a chance to tell their loved ones how much they love them? They are gone in a blink of an eye and it is too late. How many don't have anyone to tell "I love you" ? 9-11 is a day that has forever changed me and it saddens me how so many have forgotten. We take our freedoms for granted. We are not appreciative of all of the sacrifices made daily on our behalf. Heck we are not even appreciative of the sacrifices that Jesus made for us. All God wants us to do is love one another. I wish I knew why it is so hard for that to happen. Well anyway, take this opportunity to really love your neighbor. Even the one you can't stand. Do something nice for someone. and tell your family you love them and care for them.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Pete! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day!
Love,
Debbie