Saturday, June 14, 2008

I started Paramedic provisionals yesterday

Well it has been a busy week. Kim has finished off another school year and now is heading into summer with Hannah and getting ready to enjoy some time off. She is happy and very excited to have some quality Mommy & Daughter time. I have to admit I will be a little envious this summer. I have just started a new chapter in my career. I am now working along side a seasoned preceptor paramedic and I am now being evaluated and tested on my skills and knowledge of our medical directors protocol. It is a very stressful time. Probably the most stressful part of the whole Paramedic program. I know that with the support of my family and the steady hand of God guiding me, I will get through this and be a great Paramedic. The station I am working at has the busiest rescue in the County. I will get the needed experience in a hurry with real serious calls and will be up for long hours at a time. I will need to be sharp and make life and death decisions in seconds and I can only do it with Gods strength and Grace. I pray that I will still have energy to play and be there for my daughter. There is nothing I hate more than coming home from a busy night and telling my daughter, "Daddy is a little too tired to play right now". If you guys could just lift me up in prayer for the next three months as I take on this new challenge, it would be greatly appreciated. I need strength, knowledge and courage that I have not yet tapped into. I will have some recuperation hopefully when I go to China half way through it for the Summer camp. I pray that I can let my hair down and have a good time with those kids. I will need the diversion. This season I am about to embark on makes me want to appreciate the little things in life. I do not want to take for granted any moments I have with Kim and Hannah. They are gifts to me. My time with them is so valuable. Today Kim and I celebrate eleven years of marriage and tomorrow we celebrate fathers day. A day that makes my birthday pale in comparison. It is the day that God and my daughter gave to me. What a gift!!! I love you guys. I probably will not be blogging too often but I will try and give some updates here and there. To all of the Dads. Happy Fathers Day! Cherish your time with your kids. Please remember all of the dads that are serving our nation over seas and pray for them and their kids who miss them so much. Below is a nice Fathers Day type video. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you. You will do fine and be the best paramedic ever!!! You are in my thoughts...always.
cap.

Cristie said...

Your family is in our prayers! You have an incredible job and ministry at your fingertips. Having been in a roll over car accident in 2002, I can tell you first hand how important those paramedics and fire fighters are! Joshua was my hero!
I pray that your girls have a great summer together and that Kim can be encouraged by Godly woman in her life so that she can minister to you during the next three months. It takes a team of believers to rally and stand behind each other and us woman need other woman to help edify us, build each other up and challenge us to be excellent wives and Mommy's. Kim must have some great companions as she wears those shoes well!
Give her hugs from San Antonio, Cristie