Sunday, June 8, 2008

Kung Fu Panda

We took Hannah to see the movie "Kung Fu Panda" today. I have to say that it was a decent movie but I think it was a little much for a three year old. It had some martial arts scenes that were somewhat violent for a little Princess :) The Kung Fu scenes were like the old Kung Fu Movies from Saturday afternoon drive in theater on TV in the 70's and early 80's. Does anyone remember those? I loved them. This was basically a cartoon version of "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" with classic Jack Black humor. He cracks me up, funny stuff. He plays a perfect Panda. Pandas cute clumsiness was very heartwarming. There was also a pro adoption message in the film. Panda's father is a noodle selling goose. The dad being different from Panda started to be addressed, but not really. You have to see the scene. I thought that it was pretty neat that it was not made an issue that they looked different. It did not need to be. The goose was his daddy, plain and simple. It reminds me of what we share with our daughter. Hannah might not be of my flesh and blood but She is without a doubt my daughter. I do not see our differences when I look at her. Love is truly blind... I think that the storyline was done well. Hannah really liked the movie, except for the scary Tiger. She giggled and cheered Panda quite a few times. The movie had a genuine good message about never giving up on yourself. It showed Po (Panda) having the confidence to pursue his dreams when everyone is counting him out. It was also a valuable lesson in good being triumphant over evil. I think I would recommend it for parents to probably go see it first. You can decide if your kids are mature enough for the martial arts fighting. The movie gets a thumbs up from me though. The clip below was my favorite scene in the movie. Panda completes his Kung Fu training and He thanks his master. Good stuff, Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Cristie said...

Well, THANK YOU Pete! My parents want to take my 8 year old to see the Kung Foo Panda movie. She told me to do some research and see if it was appropriate. Thanks for your rundown on the movie ... very helpful!
I wanted to answer your question from my blog ... about the camera. The camera that my folks got is the new Nikon "Cool Pix P80". WOW ... it is so easy to use, light and takes beautiful photos! MMMM?? Maybe a good father's day present for a great Daddy, his princess and a awesome upcoming trip to China to capture it all for Cinderella back home. Grin!
Cristie