Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Feeling the blahs!

I am so happy to be at home with my loving family. I missed them so much. They along with God are my foundation. Without them I am a purposeless man. I am feeling kind of sick (stuffed up, sore throat)since I have been home. I am so thankful God kept me healthy while in China. This time though I am unable so far to get my sleeping patterns adjusted back. I get up at 4am and drag the rest of the day. I guess I have real bad jet lag. I also feel a little bit of a let down after spending so much time in God's presence the last 10 days or so. It was an amazing experience going back to China and helping those kids. I went through so many emotions while there. Now I am experiencing some depression I guess. I know it is normal but when you come home and you realize that we are so distracted sometimes it is hard. I realize I have a home that is full of stuff we don't need. We have comforts that keep us from spending time with him. As I type this and get my thoughts down I can't help but think..."Do I need this computer and Internet? No I sure do not, but as long as I use it for his glory it is OK I guess." Here I go justifying my belongings. Kim and I talked about going through this house room by room and having a huge garage sale. I think we will put it in an account for a future adoption if God calls us to do that once again. I feel so loaded down sometimes by all of the things that we have. Some of it makes a house a home but a lot of it just weighs you down. We really want to simplify things in our lives. That is so hard to do but it is what we want to do. I am sorry for rambling but I needed to get my thoughts down. In fact, I feel a little better now. I have to admit, I am not looking forward to going back to work though. As much as I need to, it sometimes seems to pull me away from his presence even more. I can't let it though. Even though I see people at their worst and share the experience of their horrible tragedies, I need to do it for Him. I am supposed to go back tomorrow but I am not feeling 100% so I think I will take another day to recuperate. Pretty soon Kim and Hannah will be back at school and life will be back to normal. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not but it is our lives. Thanks for all of your continued prayers. Please also pray for the Bring Me Hope team as they are in their third week of camp this week. They have one more to go and are doing amazing things. I miss them. Love you all.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh I hear you!! That's exactly how I felt coming back from Guatemala. The life I live here in the US made me sick after experiencing the poverty and the need in another country. We're so spoiled and we take absolutely everything for granted. I like your idea of a garage sale, especially if you put the money to a future adoption or to a ministry of some type. We all need to clear out our extra stuff and simplify our lives.

Anonymous said...

yes you do need your computer and internet. That is how you do God's work. We have followed you blogs while you were in China and have also read your web page. You have a gift, my friend. Keep up the good work. Please don't stop. If another adoption is in your future, go for it. You will be blessed.
Blessings to you and Kim and Hannah Joy.

Anonymous said...

Peter,
You have so much to give. You give of yourself everytime to respond to a person in need. You now will be able to approach work and know you are doing God's work. As far as getting rid of "stuff" that is something we all need to do. We must remember to not get caught up with material things, but we are all guilty of doing that. I like the idea of starting an adoption fund through garage sales.....I'll help! With Love, cap