Sunday, August 10, 2008

God's Confirmation

Kim and I had a much needed date night last night with a nice dinner , OK movie, great ice cream and excellent conversation. We talked about everything and we really were tuned in on adoption. Kim wanted to go for it last year and I did not . This year I have been wanting to and Kim has not. We both have been so scared for a lack of a better term. We both want to be on the same page with each other with God leading the way. I pretty much told Kim last night that we need to just do it and not worry anymore. God will take care of it. He is in control. He has already told us once. He will reveal himself again. We talked about special needs and healthy and age of child etc. etc. As I told you all in an earlier post, I came home from China recently feeling blah. I felt like God would have put adoption on my heart real heavy but when I got home it just was not there. I was depressed and in the valley. I explained how we are so heavy under all of our stuff and how we need to clean out the clutter and excess in our home and our lives. Well, today after we got home from Church Kim, Hannah and I started just that. We started with our bedroom, bathroom and closets. We collected and sorted and discarded and came up with three boxes of items for a garage sale, A huge bag of clothes for Goodwill and about 2 bags of just plain garbage. It was a good feeling but we still have the rest of the house to conquer. A little at a time I think will be the right course of action. We will move to the next part of the house during the week or next weekend. Kim and Hannah called me during the cleaning of the closet and showed me a piece of white paper with a paragraph typed on it. Kim does not remember where it was from or who wrote it, but it is very powerful and I know God is telling us what He wants us to do. So here it is and tell me what you think......;)

(click on image to enlarge or you can just squint to readit LOL :) )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess G is telling you to go and get another orphan. That would be a wonderful thing!!!!

Molly said...

That gives me goosebumps. How could that NOT be God?! Go forth and bring an orphan home! Give them LIFE!! I'll be praying for you as you plunge into the process. Be brave and turn to Jesus for strength!!!

Catherine said...

What a wonderful confirmation from the Man Above that you are indeed meant to open your home and your heart to another child. I'll be praying for you, and I know it will all work out in His timing.

Melissa said...

Of course that is God and in the words of Bill Engall..........There's your sign!
:) _____Blessings to you and your family I enjoy reading your blog.

Cristie said...

Wow, Pete .... looks like you got your confirmation with such a huge God sighting! I will be praying that you would do just as that letter said ... dive deep into faith and surrender your will to his. Hannah Joy would make one great big sister and the two of you are incredible parents! It would be counted as pure joy to walk with you through prayer and follow you to bring home another beautiful child!
Praying for your big decisions!