Thursday, July 24, 2008

Flight canceled.....What????

Our evening was winding down tonight after a hectic day of last minute arrangements. My parents had us over for a nice Italian meal and they got to watch Hannah swim in their pool. Every time she gets into the water it is like watching a world class Olympic swimmer, in my mind anyway. I can’t tell you how proud I am of her swimming. It was a real nice evening. My parents gave me some prayer cards earlier in the week to take on the trip and I will use them. Thanks again guys, I think I forgot to tell you that. I know this will be a blessed trip. I went to bed around 11pm on wed night. I was very tired. I was dead to the world as soon as I hit the pillow. We had set the alarm for 4:30am. At 1:30am Kim woke me up and said that our flights were canceled. What??? I did not even hear the phone ring. I logged on to the computer and sure enough they were gone. They rescheduled us to fly out the next day. I could not believe this. I started to panic a little because I had hotel reservations and another flight to take to the camp and started to think the worst. A whole day in China was going to be lost just like that. This couldn’t be happening. I called Continental and asked what our options were after being put on hold for 30 minutes they told me unless I wanted to travel out of Orlando there were none. I called Bill and we agreed to change to Orlando and take the 7:20am flight out of there and still make our connection to Beijing at 12:10pm. I found later that there were some bad T-storms that stranded our original plane in Newark so they were not able to get down to Tampa for our morning flight. Once we made our arrangement to go to Orlando and everything was on schedule our minds were at ease. Of course G is not going to let this mission be deterred. He is in control and this is part of his divine will. I kissed Hannah goodbye and she reached out and hugged me while half asleep and I kissed and hugged Kim goodbye. I think she was a little relieved that she did not have to drive at night. I am so used to it; I did not mind making the trip solo. I left for Orlando around 4:30 and made it in record time in just over an hour. There was no traffic at all at that time. The only thing is that Kim will have to make arrangements to pick up the car. She said she will go to OIA with her Brother tomorrow and get it. Anyway, I met Bill at the airport at around 6am. We checked in without a hitch and were able to still get our original bulkhead seats for the Beijing leg of the trip. I am so thankful for the extra room. The flight to Newark was nearly empty, but on time and in fact running ahead of schedule. I hope the Beijing flight leaves early as well. That would be good….Bill and I have both decided to go with the Indiana Jones rugged adventurer look for this trip. We have sworn off a razor for 10 days. Why shave when the wives are 10,000 miles away. LOL, I will have to shave if I want a kiss when I get home and even Hannah will say Daddy your face is too rough!! …I will try and post this in Newark. To be continued!!!.......ahhhh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear you got on another flight...thank God. We spoke to Kim and she told us what happened. We wish you both well on your trip. God Be With You!! cap & plp