Sunday, July 27, 2008

It is the start of camp today!

It is about 5:30am and I did not sleep much last night in anticipation of the camp about to begin this morning. I am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity that God has given me to be here and do this. I pray that these wonderful kids are deeply touched and carry the joy they experience this week throughout there lives where ever they are led. Please pray for me that We are able to handle whatever is in store here. The kids coming to camp are mostly special needs and mostly boys. If you get the chance follow this link to a blog that really shows what camp is all about. Scan down to the youtubevideo and you will see where we are and who we are working with and what we will be doing. Love you all. Pray for us as you all go to bed tonight, and we start our day at camp with these kids .

http://misschmelar.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter,
Very moving....I sat in front of the computer crying reading these stories and seeing those children's faces. I am so happy you are there helping. With love, your Momma.xxxxxx

Pete said...

This one is from my lovely wife kimmie. I accidently deleted it before I posted it so here it is below Thanks hun......

Hey Babe,
I can understand not being able to sleep. Remember when we went to China for Hannah? I didn't sleep the night before we left, and I didn't sleep on the plane (AT ALL)....nerves...It's going to be great. I am so excited and nervous and happy and.....too many emotions to explain. I know you are there for a plan and a purpose and I know God is going to do some great things to you and through you...be open and be ready....for greatness!

Love you babe (and I am so proud to be yours)
Kimmie and Hannah JOY
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Heather said...

Pete,

I am so excited you are there, we have been gone for a couple days I didn't have internet so this is the first time I could get on! Cant' wait to hear about everything that goes on at camp! Enjoy your time and know we are praying for you, camp and the kids!

Much love,
The Selingers :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Pete.....Keep up the good work...Love Uncle Steve :-)

Anonymous said...

What amazing pictures and story! You will never be the same after this great adventure of courage and hope. I absolutely LOVE the Olympic picture with the One World One Dream.

Have a great first day of camp!

We Love You!
Bernie, Maria, Kailey, and Janelle