Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lunch with the Princesses

Today was a real nice day. We had a lunch date with our good friends Bill, Debbie and their three girls, Abby, Jadyn and Tiffany. We had a delicious summer cookout and let the girls play. We were able to have some great conservation while the girls all played. It is hard to believe we have not gotten together for some time but we caught up on each others lives. The girls warmed up to each other pretty fast. They had fun playing dollhouse, kitchen and dress up. Hannah put a cute butterfly princess outfit on and wore it the whole time. Dress up is one of Hannah's favorite games to play. It was a very nice afternoon with all of them. We need to get together more often but life can get so hectic sometimes. Bill and I will be traveling back to China in three weeks with the organization Bring Me Hope. I am looking forward to this trip. We are both a little anxious because we do not know what to expect with working at a summer camp with orphans for a week. I know that God is in control and will make it a miraculous time. We are motivated and focused on doing great things for these kids. We will only be with them a week but we have a chance to be lights for Jesus. I will try not to get in the way of what God has planned. He knows what these kids need. He will give us the wisdom and strength to be exactly what they all need. I am praying for all of these kids and especially the translators who will be at the camp. They are college students who are studying English and are brought to the camp to help us communicate with the children. I know God will use us in a very special way. I cling to two words that remind me of what is most important about this camp. They are " no expectations", those were some of the first words I heard from David Bolt when I spoke to him about volunteering at the camp. He also said be prepared to see something miraculous. Hard not to have expecations with that statement but I shall do my very best. David is a recent college graduate who is currently devoting is life to helping orphans through Bring me Hope. I look forward to meeting this compassionate young man. It will be a great time. Keep praying for all of the staffers, volunteers, translators and orphans as some of the earlier camps have already begun in China. Things are getting under way for us to go. I will be updating from camp and share what is happening. I have my travel visa, passport, plane & hotel reservations. I am even starting to get things ready to pack. I will be posting again soon. Please enjoy the photos from today! Have a safe and Happy 4th of July tomorrow. Please pray for me. I am working and will be preparing for a very busy shift....:)




No comments: