Friday, July 25, 2008

We are in Beijing!!!!! It is 3:55pm

After arriving in Newark ahead of schedule, Bill and I had some time to spare. We both were able to call home and Bill even found a place for us to relax for our two hour layover, because all of the gates were very crowded. We went to the Continental Presidents club. It was a very swanky upper class club. We had to check in first but looking in they had snacks and drinks available, TV’s, nice leather couches, places to spread out and do little work, charge the laptop, enjoy a wireless internet connection and more. It was really a great place for us international adventurers. Bill went in and checked in first, gave the receptionist his ticket and was admitted in. When it was my turn, I handed her my ticket and she told me” I am sorry but the club is only reserved for first class passengers”. Well, I never!! LOL. Bill overheard this transpire and approached the counter again. She said to Bill, “ He is with you? Ok, you can accompany him on his ticket then, go ahead.” We were a little surprised but said thank you and made ourselves at home. As we were walking in, I asked Bill, “ Hey wait a minute. Are you holding out on me? Did you buy a first class ticket after all to leave me in the cattle car?” We both looked at each other and smiled. He is not sure what she saw on that ticket but it was the same as mine. That was some nice favor on our side. Thanks G!!! We had some fresh fruit, bagels, coffee, and juice and had a chance to do a little journaling and call home. Once we boarded the plane and found our seats we were so pleased to have the extra room with the bulkhead seating and an added bonus the seat between Bill and I was empty. Thanks again G, that was pretty ideal. The flight was slightly delayed so as we were waiting to taxi out, we talked to the people behind us. It turned out they were on their first journey to China to go and get there waiting daughter in Nanjing China. There little girl is 6 years old and her name is Gracie. I pray that these fine folks have a wonderful experience in China and have nothing but an easy peaceful transition into a complete family. I am reminded of a teapot we bought in Jiangxi that said in Chinese, “All will be smooth like flowing water.” That has been our prayer since day one and God has shown us his awesome grace and mercy with that little Princess of ours. I am already missing my two girls immensely. I want to share this experience with them but I am truly honored to be here with my Brother Bill. He is a genuinely kind and good man. I’m in good hands with him by my side. Sorry, I was getting off track a little there, back to the people behind us. They both already have grown biological children and have grandchildren as well. I think it is so awesome that they are doing this. There is a great need in this world and people from all walks of life are answering G’s calling. We talked with them about our adoptions, the camp we are going to work “Bring Me Hope” and gave them some tips and ideas for them for when they arrive in the different cities. We also got on the subject of websites and how fun it is to share our journeys with others and maybe inspire some to adopt that might not have. The wife said oh we have a website called http://www.weloveyougracie.com/ . Since Bill does websites he had to ask them, “Who does your website?” Bill has done hundreds of them including ours http://www.journeytohannah.com/ and is always looking for others to follow. She says, “ his name is Bill!” Are you kidding me right now? Bill does these folks website and G put them right behind us. What a small world that G has made for us that we would be placed in these peoples past. You just never know who you will meet. As we prepared to take off I just laughed inside and told G , “ You rock, thanks for being so cool! “…..As I am typing this on my laptop We are about to fly over the western edge of Greenland into the artic circle. We are traveling at about 33,000 feet with almost 9 hours and just under 5000 miles to travel. It is 4:45 am in Beijing right now and I have not yet slept. I am going for that right now. More from me will be posted later. …… We are just settling into hotel now. We are going to get cleaned up and do a little wandering around hotel. I will post pictures and more later. Everything went perfect getting here. Love you all.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Petey,
I am so glad you guys got there safe and sound. How amazing that the family behind you use Bill for their website... :0) God IS good! We miss you like crazy. I linked paper clips together and Hannah gets to take one off each night before bed...that way she can SEE how many days until Daddy comes home. I asked Hannah what she wanted me to type to you and she said "I love you Daddy". We miss you but know that what you are doing is going to be life-changing....we are praying for you guys. Be safe and sound. May God put His angels around you both!

Love, Kim and Hannah Joy
xoxoxoxoxooxoxooxoxoxoxoxxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this cool journey. I wish I could be with you. If you ever go again, can "grandmas" go to camp? I would love an opportunity like this.....I would love to do a part in making some children really happy!!
It is a small world and G does some great planning....you think? Love to you both. xxxxxxcap

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete! So glad you had a safe flight. Just to let you know, you and Bill will be in our prayers all week. We are leaving for the Grand Canyon tomorrow and will be thinking of you .Let God speak through you, Peter, and he will do marvelous things for all those kids. Love you and say Hello to Bill from us, Mom and Dad

Dell said...

I'm glad you got there safe. We'll be keeping you in our prayers this whole week. Let the Holy Spirit speak through you and you will touch many lives while you are there. We are proud of you and we'll see you when you get home.

Love, Mom

Laurie said...

Glad to hear you're safe and sound in China, Pete! Have a fantastic adventure!