Friday, July 18, 2008

Packing for China, interview with reporters & swim lessons

Well it is 6 days before I leave for China and things are crazy (in a good way) around here. I am still buying last minute items to bring, Bill made additional reservations for our flight from Beijing to Zhengzou and I have started gathering and packing for the trip. Our office looks like a bomb went off with stuff everywhere. :) It is all coming together and the excitement is really building in anticipation of going. The weather in Beijing for Friday and Saturday when we arrive will be sunny and about 89 with 10% chance of rain. Praying for great weather....
I have some real exciting news to share. The local newspaper was here yesterday to do a story on my trip to China. I am excited about getting the word out about helping orphans so that was a blessing that they wanted to do the story. I will let you know when the article comes out. I pray that the reporter is led by God to write a great article that really tells the story of helping orphans in need. It is not about me at all. It is all about the kids. I pray he got the info he needed and the focus is on them. We shall see.....
Hannah also had her 4th swimming lesson yesterday and she is doing great. Mrs. Kathy is a fantastic instructor. She has had such patience with the three girls in the class. Hannah is going under water now and swimming to the side unassisted and jumping in on her own. It is so comforting watching her and knowing that she is starting to excel at one of the most valuble life preservation lessons children can learn. The fact that she is having fun while doing it is such a bonus. Enjoy the pictures and video of my little mermaid. What a blast! I am going to miss her last two lessons while I am in China. I expect when I come home to find her swimming around like a fish. That is so fantastic. What a great kid she is!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!! She's a little mermaid. We love her so much...cap & plp. GOD is good!