Sunday, July 27, 2008

WE ARE AT CAMP!!!

Hey everyone. We made it. It is 11pm Sunday night here. It was a quick and easy flight from Beijing to Zhengzou. It was about an hour trip. We were able to navigate through the airports and actually get on the right plane without anyone being able to speak English. Bill and I felt like a team from " The Amazing Race". David and a Chinese Driver met us at the airport and drove us to the University in Xinzheng pronounced "shin-jung". The translators and volunteers all started arriving as we got there. The pictures from the website are not a tue representation of what we have seen so far but it is what it needs to be. I will take more pictures tomorrow. We ate dinner in the cafe which had allot of american food. I had a club sandwich with egg on it just like in the Lakeview hotel when we were in Nan Chang for Hannah. We went up to our room which is a college dorm here and we are sharing it with seven translators and 2 other volunteers. The beds are pretty much racks like Dad used in the Navy with a thin pad but ever the crafty ones, Bill and I have taken up residence in the office for tonight. It has the wireless internet connection and it also has some queen size mattresses so that will work for us. They had been leaving the windows open so we have to wear repellent indoors. It is definately like camping. I am loving it. The kids will be here tomorrow. They are mostly special needs kids that are available for adoption. Tomorrow I will be assigned to a translator and 2 little buddies. I will introduce them tomorrow. I am going to go to bed now but here are some pictures and some video of our trip to the University. Enjoy!! It was crazy, but a blast. Love you all. Pray for us. God is definately moving here. What a great group of people God has here. I will try and blog more tomorrow, and let you all know about the first day of camp. :)




The crazy drive to the school!!!


More of the scenery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete!

Boy how I remember riding through the crazy streets of china. I had such an awesome time there. I just want to that I admire you.. I have been following your Journey to Hannah blog since before we traveled to to bring home our Abigail back in 2005. I love keeping up with how much she has grown. Thank you for all that you are doing there in China and taking the time.. I'm sure it means more to those children than we'll ever know.
Many blessings to you and your family!
Robin
www.journeytoabby.com
www.allthefishiesinthesea.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Crazy drivers! Wow I don't miss that about China. I'm so glad you are capturing this on video.
I'm glad you guys made it safe. I can't wait to read about your day on Monday. We're praying for you. Please keep taking good care of Bill. Help him get out of his comfort zone. LOL
Love you guys,
Deb